Why did I create this blog?

I created this blog for a Humanities project. I will inform you guys about pandas. Why they are near extinction, why they are worth saving and how you can help save them. I hope you will find this blog informative and inspiring.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What can we do about it?



What can we do about it?
Right now several organizations are working on this problem and it seems like help is actually being given to pandas. WWF says they help by putting up cameras. To encourage local residents into buying wood saving stoves (to save the natural habitat of the panda) and set up people to patrol the reserve borders, and stop illegal hunting of the Giant panda.
What you can do is to adopt a panda. This you can do on several pages, like e.g. WWF, on which you can donate different amounts of money to support them in their research and protecting on/of the pandas. You can choose the amount you are willing to donate, and have them transferred in a matter of seconds. You can also tell them what you prefer the money to go to.
You have three options the way I interpreted it:
·       Nature reserve preservations
(To protect the nature reserve against the locals and wood chopping)
·       Community development
(To help the locals to understand that the pandas need to be protected, and to encourage them into stop chopping too much of their habitat)
·       Research and monitoring work
(To put of cameras to monitor movement of pandas)
Finally I would just encourage you to check out webpages to find out who you want to support.



No comments:

Post a Comment